Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Attempted Snatch Thieve Infront of Atria Post Office

Taday is my off day. I had many errand to do. After banking at Maybank near Atria, I drove forward to the post office and as usual i just doubled park to drop 2 mails into the mailbox. When I got back into the car, 2 Malay guys in a motor stopped besides my passenger side and peeped into the car. My instinct told me they were trying to snatch handbag. Luckily I didn't bring any handbag. They moved on and made a u-turn in front of the post office and travelled against the traffic in regardless the road surrounding Atria shops has been made single direction. These 2 guys were in jacket. The one who sit behind wore his jacket half way from his hand covering his lap. I think he probably has his tool or hammer under the jacket. I am 100% sure they were looking for targets especially women driver who leave their handbag next to the driver seats. All ladies please take extra pre-cautious. Please do not leave your handbag next to driver's seat, neither should you put under the passenger seats. There were cases that bags put under passenger seats also were snatched. I guess putting in the car boot is the safest while one is driving.

2 comments:

Alvin said...

There's still so much snatch/robbery and I heard even kidnap happen around our housing estate but I am glad to see that the Boomgate project had made it safer for us staying in this area. Nevertheless, we had to always keep our senses alert and continue to give our full support to this program.

Anonymous said...

I'm happen to be one of the victim on April fool's day...wasn't funny at all. Two guys on a motor happened to caught me arriving home. I opened the gate and went back into my car. One of them walked up to my passenger side and smash my window and took my handbag. Usually I don't put it there but because I had gotten out to open the gate, I left it on the passenger seat.

Then exactly 2 weeks later, I heard a loud scream. Just nearby my house, I saw a lady on the ground crying in pain. The theft tried to snatch her bag. They failed cos she held on to it but she broke her arm doing that.